Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
November, 2008 eNewsletter
U.S. Election Month! Halloween Month! Holiday Shopping Month!
It's that time of the year again! With the winter holidays just around the corner, it's time to start shopping.
Sally's Place Shopping Page has some fun ideas, including:
- Dave's Gourmet, Hot Sauces, Snacks, Jams, Chiles & Gift Baskets
- Paella Pans, Jamon, Chorizo, Saffron & Sangria Pitchers
- Gourmet Coffees, Alfajores, Marshmallows & Chocolates
- Gift Certificate for GraceAnn Walden's San Francisco's Gourmet Walking Tours
- Flowers & Gifts, flowerpetal.com
- Portland Cooking Classes, In Good Taste
- Coffee Gift Boxes, Exclusive & Rare Coffee
- Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse, Mendocino B&B
- Mendocino Lodging, Joshua Grindle Inn
- Washing Machine Reviews, Compare Prices
- Newman's Own Organics , Pretzels, Cookies, Coffee & Pet Foods
Sally's Place Is Giving Away Cookbooks!
If you would like to be eligible to win a free cookbook each week, and aren't already signed up to receive Sally's eNewsletter, via email, you can do so here.
Food - Diabetes Articles by Linda Gassenheimer:
Traveling with Kids by Elaine Sosa Labalme:
- Top Five Cities For You and Your Kids: Baltimore, Maryland including six year old Steven having fun.
- Weekending with the Kids: Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania covers the 3,000 acres in the rolling hills of southwestern Pennsylvania including the Fatbird Carriage Safari, eighteen-hole miniature golf, The Chateau Lafayette Hotel, Kidz Klub, and canoeing on Lake Paige.
- Send Thanksgiving Flowers
- Great selection of centerpieces and candle arrangements as well as bouquets with beautiful fall colors. Flowers Change Everything...™
- Last Chance for Presidential Hot Sauces!
- With the Election upon us, it's finally time to find out if presidential elections can be predicted through the sales of hot sauces! Dave's Gourmet has been producing hot sauces caricaturizing each of the presidential candidates, with the profits going to cancer related charities. Each bottle sold is a vote for that candidate. Visit Dave's Gourmet online to find out the current presidential standings in our sauce race. While you're there, take one last opportunity to revisit all of the candidates who made the hot sauce label and take home your favorite, before they're gone forever!
- Touchstone Assessments
- Foodservice executives, chefs, entrepreneurs and others have benefited from assessments that identify leadership style, behavioral strengths, hidden motivators and underdeveloped talents. Knowing yourself is key to success and satisfaction in any career. Find out more about the TriMetrix Assessment from: email@example.com
- GraceAnn Walden
- For more than 20 years, GraceAnn Walden has been a professional writer contributing to the Wine Spectator, Sunset and the San Francisco Chronicle, where she created the popular "Inside Scoop" column. She is the author of seven restaurant guidebooks and a cookbook "86 Recipes San Francisco." She has contributed stories to two Travelers Tales books. She leads history-food tours of San Francisco neighborhoods on Saturdays. Next Mangia! North Beach tours are 10/11, 10/25, and 11/8. Gift Certificates for her tours make great holiday gifts! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food & Wine Tours
- Argentina: Valentine's Wine Getaway to Argentina/Buenos Aires and Mendoza; February 13 to 21, 2009; Email: email@example.com
- Professional Chefs
- The main role of a Professional Chef is to design and create meals, by creating dishes that are aesthetically appealing as well as delicious. Chefs typically face heavy competition when seeking new career opportunities. An associates degree in culinary arts is considered a minimum to ascend above the rest of the kitchen staff. Anyone interested in becoming a Chef can attend a culinary arts school or pastry chef school such as the California Culinary Academy in order to maximize their marketability.
- Newman's Own Organics
- Newman's Own Organics has added Mighty Mini Pretzels, Thin Stick Pretzels, and Honey Wheat Mini Pretzel to its popular pretzel line. They are 95% organic and the 7 oz. bags, with a suggested retail price of $3.49, carry the USDA Organic Seal. The Newman-O's cookie line has added Peanut Butter Crème Filled Chocolate Cookies in a 9 oz. package. This "inflation fighter" size is available in all the other flavors, as well as the original 16 oz. The suggested retail price for the new 9 oz. size is $2.79 and the 16 oz. is $4.99. All royalty payments after taxes from Newman's Own Organics is given through the Newman Foundation to educational and charitable groups. Since 1982 Paul Newman and the Foundation has donated over $250 million to thousands of organizations worldwide.
- Culinary Getaways
- "For a unique and memorable culinary extravaganza, join Sherry Page in January, 2009 for a week of truffle exploration in the South of France. This Truffle Getaway is scheduled for January 25th-31st, 2009. During the week, you will hunt truffles with a farmer and his truffle dogs, visit a truffle market, cook gastronomic meals using truffles, explore some of Provence's finest truffle restaurants and taste outstanding wines from areas such as Chateauneuf du Pape and Gigondas. To ensure unique and personalized experiences, groups are kept small. Singles, couples, friends, and families are all welcome."
- San Diego, California Food & Wine Event
- Celebrate the Craft — Art, Food and Wine — November 1-2. Experience the Best of California, a state rich in extraordinary beauty, agricultural abundance, a tradition of artistry, craft, and culinary innovation at The Lodge at Torrey Pines.
National Apple Month; Peanut Butter Lovers Month; and Good Nutrition Month.
November 1: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead - October 31 - November 2); Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day
November 2: Deviled Egg Day
November 3: Bean Day (in North Dakota); National Sandwich Day
November 4: US Election Day - Presidential (every four years); National Candy Day
November 5: National Donut Day
November 7: National Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day
November 8: Cook Something Bold Day
November 11: Veteran's Day (US Federal Holiday)
November 12: National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day; Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
November 13: National Indian Pudding Day
November 15: Clean Your Refrigerator Day
November 17: Homemade Bread Day
November 19: Pop Tarts created, 1965
November 20: Beaujolais Nouveau
November 23: Eat a Cranberry Day; National Cashew Day
November 25: National Parfait Day
November 26: National Cake Day
November 27: Thanksgiving Day (US Federal Holiday)