Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
March, 2008 eNewsletter
- Marshmallow Easter Special
- Split Bean Coffee is offering Sally's Place visitors a 2 for 1 Special on all Easter marshmallow orders. Place an order between March 1st and March 15th and get two packages of marshmallows for the price of one. Their delicate, old-fashioned artisan marshmallows are a great addition to any Easter Basket! Choices include: assorted, vanilla, chocolate, orange, coconut, spring bouquet or any of their more than 20 flavors. 818.448.5185
- "Texas Treats" Cooking Class
- Sally will be teaching a "Texas Treats" cooking class at Great News! Cooking School in San Diego, California on Saturday, May 3rd. Recipes will include: Frozen Margaritas, Shrimp & Crab Cocktail (Texas Style), King Ranch Chicken, Texas Caesar Salad, From-Scratch Buttermilk Biscuits, and Homemade Peach Cobbler. $49; 1-888-478-2433
- Cookbook Giveaway
- Our weekly cookbook giveaway continues to be quite popular. Have a friend sign up here for our eNewsletter and they will automatically be entered in our cookbook drawings.
- Top Ten Favorites from the Winter Fancy Food Show 2008 in San Diego, California by Susan Matthews. Plus 5 honorable mentions.
- Freeze! The Scoop on (Chocolate) Ice Cream by Stephanie Zonis, who fills us in on ice cream, gelato and sorbet and her Chocolate Find of the Month is Bart's Homemade.
- Worst Foods of 2007 by John McGran, aka Mr. Bad Food. John has come up with the best of the worst foods from last year with accompanying photos.
- Celebrate Chinese New Year: These new recipes are from Chinese Cuisine Made Simple by Dorothy Huang: Chicken in Lettuce Wraps; Stir-Fried Salmon with Red & Green Peppers; Sweet & Sour Shrimp; and Almond Cookies.
- Bread Recipes: Enjoy these 5 new recipes from Baking Basics and Beyond by Pat Sinclair: Banana Bran Bread; Blueberry Rhubarb Crumble; Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake; Easy Herb Dinner Rolls; and Pecan Pie Bars.
- Dessert Recipes: Look at our expanded Dessert Recipe section, which now includes many new recipes from Stephanie Zonis, our chocolate contributor. Yum!
Wine — It's Time for Wine columnists Sara & Monty Preiser showcase:
Travel — by travel writers and photographers Keith Allan & Lynne Gray:
- Discovering Islay, Scotland in a BMW 3 Series Touring "Called the Queen of the Hebrides, Islay is a gloriously picturesque island."
- Chef T's Cooking School
- New cooking videos help you learn to cook like a chef. Visit Chef T's Cooking School, grab your FREE membership, and learn to prepare exotic cuisine from around the world. Using the magic of close up video technology, Chef T demonstrates, step-by-step, exactly how to prepare these dishes.
- Susan Becker's Pet Portraits
- Sophisticated, life-like interpretations that touch the heart, capture an essence, represent a spirit. Her portraits in oil or pencil, give tangible, yet magical form to the emotional connection between you and your pet, a window into that fur soul you cherish.
- Cooking Schools Near You
- Do you love to cook? Why not make it your career? Get started on your path to an exciting career in the Culinary Arts, Baking, Restaurant/Hospitality Management or Tourism! Take the first steps by selecting a program you would like to learn more about, fill out a request, and receive additional information free.
- Newsletter publisher Beverly Dubrin has a new blog about her dining, travel, and shopping discoveries in the San Francisco Bay Area and wherever else her travels take her.
National Frozen Food Month, National Noodle Month, National Nutrition Month, International Hamburger & Pickle Month, National Peanut Month.
Second Week: Bubble Gum Week
Third Week: Chocolate Week
Fourth Week: Egg Salad Week
March 1: National Pig Day; Peanut Butter Lover's Day
March 4: National Pound Cake Day
March 6: Oreo Cookies on sale for the first time in 1912; Frozen Food Day
March 9: Daylight Saving Time Begins (clocks move forward one hour on the second Sunday in March)
March 14: Potato Chip Day
March 17: St. Patrick's Day
March 18: Johnny Appleseed Day
March 19: National Chocolate Caramel Day; Poultry Day
March 20: First Day of Spring
March 23: Easter; Toast Day (Nellie Melba revealed her Melba Toast recipe); National Chip and Dip Day
March 24: Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
March 25: Pancakes first made in New York City in 1882; Waffle Day
March 28: Something On a Stick Day
March 29: Coca-Cola was invented in 1886
March 31: Tater Day; National Clams on the Half Shell Day